We provide assistance with any investment of foreign currency into South Africa. This relates to all aspects of advice including the most desirable structures. This is done in a manner that facilitates the easy repatriation of dividends, interest, royalties and capital. We also offer tax advice as part of the comprehensive service.
Currently the individual foreign investment allowance provides for tax compliant SA resident individuals, 18 years and older to transfer an amount of R10 million offshore in excess of their Single Discretionary Allowance of R 1 million per annum. We assist with all aspects of this investment facility.
South African corporates have generous allowances to invest in operating companies abroad where there are benefits to South Africa. We advise and assist with all aspects of the required documentation.
We maintain a strong relationship with many of the Authorised Dealers and the South African Reserve Bank.
Through negotiation, we are able to manage the regularisation of clients’ alleged contraventions of exchange control.
Our key focus areas in the Exchange Control space include inter alia:
- Structuring advice ensuring compliance.
- Exchange Control Applications submitted via the Authorised Dealer
- Cross border loans.
- Non-resident endorsement of share certificates.
- Loop structures.
- Export of Intellectual Property.
- Foreign Direct Investment (“FDI”).
- Special AIT (R10 million plus) which requires SARB clearance.
- Foreign Exchange
- Buying and selling of foreign currency via our established partnership network ensuring efficiency for the client in terms of administration and exchange rates.
- Formal written opinions.